Friday, January 25, 2013

Insanity

 
Last week I had a huge ah-ha!
Just thought I'd share it with you!
In November somethings shifted in my life.
When that happened, getting to the gym in the early morning hours became a chore. 
Most of the time I didn't make it there.
I was feeling very yucky and depressed.
In my head I knew that part of my challenge was that I wasn't exercising or eating good foods.
Every Sunday night I would make a commitment to eat better and to get up every morning and go to the gym. This had always worked for me before.  By the time I got home from work Monday night, I would be exhausted and hungry, and I would sabotage all the good work I had done that day by eating all sorts of things that wouldn't help my body feel better.
And so it would go every day.  I was also having days where I wouldn't get out of bed to go to the gym.
It just kept happening over and over and over, for two months...
 
Then came the new year and just like before I began again. 
I knew I could do it; I'd done it before!
I had friends that I could work out with in the mornings!
I was excited!
But...I ended up having the same problems.
Then one day I didn't wake up in time to go to the gym.
I was determined to make it that day, so I packed a gym bag with all I would need,
and set off to work with a plan to go as soon as I was finished there.
 
When I got finished, I felt pretty good and I realized that I wasn't at home eating yucky food.
Here comes the ah-ha!
Yes, I had been successful going to the gym before and eating good foods,
but I have changed since that time almost two years ago.
I'm a different person now.
What worked for me back then, was obviously not working for me now.
So I should stop the insanity and try something new
because doing the same thing over and over was simply not working for me anymore!
So now I sleep a little later and get up with plenty of time for journaling and my power hour,
and I go to the gym after work.
It's been working really well for me.
And I get to hit three birds with one stone: sleep, exercise, and not sitting at home after work eating.
 
So that's what I wanted to share with you:
Just because something used to work for you,
doesn't mean that it still does.
We are always learning, growing and changing in our lives.
Sometimes we get the opportunity to shift our lives to fit the person we have become instead of the person we once were.

1 comment:

Jenny Layton said...

Love this, Meg. Life is all about shifting around, adjusting to the new spaces we find ourselves in. Way to keep at it until you found something that worked!