Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Where Love Is

  1. The last few weeks in Primary I've been teaching the kiddos a new song called "Where Love Is." One line that's really stuck with me is "Where love is, we want to be." How true is that for you?  For me it is a definite truth.  The times when I've been struggling the most have been when I haven't felt loved by other people, but mostly when I haven't loved myself. Love is such an important part of life. Everyone wants to feel loved and needed. 
  2. A little over a year ago, after working through some major limiting beliefs I had about myself (I'm not enough, I'm a failure, etc.), I had an epiphany.  I had finally cleared out enough junk that I could see that my feeling of not being loved was actually me trying to protect myself from being hurt again.  Love surrounded me. My family loved me, My boyfriend, who would soon become my husband, loved me. I really did love me.  Above all, my Heavenly Father loved me! When I realized that all I had to do was take in all the love around me and absorb it, I felt like my whole world changed! I went from fighting love, to embracing love in all its forms. When I started taking in all the love, I was better able to spread love around as well.  
  3. Have you ever felt as if no one loves you? If you have and even if you haven't, I challenge you to open your heart and look for the love that surrounds you.  You will find more love than you ever dreamed possible just waiting for you to see it. Another Primary song reminds us to look for the love of our Heavenly Father.
    1. 1. Whenever I hear the song of a bird
      Or look at the blue, blue sky,
      Whenever I feel the rain on my face
      Or the wind as it rushes by,
      Whenever I touch a velvet rose
      Or walk by our lilac tree,
      I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
      Heav'nly Father created for me.
    2. 2. He gave me my eyes that I might see
      The color of butterfly wings.
      He gave me my ears that I might hear
      The magical sound of things.
      He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
      I thank him rev'rently
      For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
      Yes, I know Heav'nly Father loves me.
    3. Words and music: Clara W. McMaster, 1904-1997. (c) 1961 IRI. Arr. (c) 1989 IRI
  4. February Challenge:  This month as you are going about your days, look for ways love is all around you.  Take it in. Enjoy it.  Then share it with others.  Share your discoveries and how you shared love with others on Facebook and Instagram.  Use the hashtags #lovelight #nourishyourlight #soulfulbsisterhood.
  5. Luvz,
  6. Meg:0)


No comments: