Friday, October 10, 2014

Recognize Your Light



I had been working hard
to learn to love myself.
I had started eating good foods,
exercising regularly,
and studying the Gospel.
It was a hard road.
Then one day I found
a scripture in Mosiah 4:30,

"But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish.  And now, O man, remember, and perish not."

I had read this scripture so many times.
I had never considered needing to
watch my thoughts and words
about myself.
It started to make sense.
I looked at the path that had
brought me to this place in my life
and noticed that it was the thoughts
and words I had been telling myself
that had led me to limiting beliefs
about myself and my life.
That I wasn't good enough.
That I wasn't pretty enough.
That I was a failure.
These thoughts and so many more
had bee swirling around in my head
for so long that I had started believing
them and had started living as if they were true.

Finding this scripture was a wake up call.
I know the Holy Ghost was trying to teach
me something very important.
That the thoughts I think
and the words I say about myself
needed to be watched.
And if I didn't watch them
I was going to perish
physically,
emotionally,
spiritually.
I wasn't going to be able
to develop my light.
I wasn't going to be able
to live the life Heavenly Father
 needed me to live.

That night I hung this scripture up on my mirror
and worked day and night to better watch
my thoughts and words about myself.
I started to chip away at the dark
negative thoughts surrounding my brilliance
and started letting my light out.
That was the night I truly stepped into
the path of discovering my Soulful Brilliance.
I started gathering proof all around me
that I was enough!
That I was beautiful inside and out.
That I was a successful daughter of God!

The better I did at this the more I was able
to see the brilliance Heavenly Father created me with.
I started to recognize the ME God created me to be!
I discovered that that brilliance was made up
of hundreds of the tiny points of light.
When they came together,
the light was blinding.
The light was a beacon.
A beacon of hope to many people.
Heavenly Father used my newly rediscovered brilliance
to draw people to me.
People who only I could help
with the gifts he had given me.

All those tiny points of light,
were gifts and talents He had blessed me with!
So many times I hear people say
they don't have any talents.
Perhaps they are looking for
obvious talents like playing an instrument
or making people laugh
or being an amazing artist.

This month I would like to encourage
each of us (myself included) to look deeper!
Moroni has said,
"...deny not the gifts of God, for they are many..."
(Moroni 10:8).

There are so many gifts from our Heavenly Father.
The gift of teaching.
The gift of a testimony.
The gift of comforting others.
The gift of faith.
The gift of healing.
The gift to be healed.
And so many more!

Heavenly Father is willing to help us
discover our gifts and talents.
He wants us to know what they are
so we can use them to build the
Kingdom!

There are people out there
who only you can help,
but if you don't see your
gifts and talents you may miss
the opportunity to help them.

This month the Soulful B Sisterhood would like to challenge you
to start a list of your gifts and talents--the tiny points of light that
make up your Soulful Brilliance!
Start with one or two, hang your list where you can see it often,
and add to it throughout the month!

Some good places to go to find your light:
-your patriarchal blessing
-pray for revelation from Heavenly Father
-ask your sisterhood!
-look at others gifts and talents and see if you can see them in yourself

I know that as we see more of the light
inside ourselves, we will shine brighter
and be able to assist and serve others around us.
Heavenly Father is waiting for us to ask, discover and use
the light He created us with.
So let's start discovering!

Please post pictures of your path of discovery
and your gifts and talents on Facebook and Instagram,
using the hashtags #recognizeyourlight
and #soulfulbsisterhood!

Luvz,
Meg

No comments: