Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Truth

Okay so I've written and rewritten this post several times.  It just hasn't come out quite like I want it to. So I'm going to skip over all the explanations of how this post came to be and just get to the juicy stuff! The Truth!

The truth is that we often get so caught up in learning so many truths of the Gospel that we don't focus on one of the greatest truths that can help us get through anything.  

The truth that we are CHILDREN OF GOD! 

In Moses  1 we read about how Heavenly Father reveals himself to Moses and shows Moses the work of his hands.  He tells Moses, "...thou art my son;...And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son..." After Moses recovers from being in the presence of God, Satan appears to tempt Moses to worship him.  Moses's first reply to Satan is "...Who art thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only Begotten; and where is thy glory, that I should worship thee?"  Moses's first defense in this storm of temptation was stating his knowledge that he was a son of God. 

I am often tempted by Satan and his followers, and I am pretty good at refusing to do the big things that would destroy my peace.  Satan knows that he can't get most of us on the big stuff at first, so he tries to get us with the little stuff.  and when does he stick us most with his lies?  Right after we have had amazing spiritual experiences and learned great spiritual truths.

One of the seemingly small things that many of us, especially women, struggle with is our feelings of self worth. I know I often listen to the lies he repeats in my limiting beliefs. 
I'm not good enough.
I'm not knowledgeable enough.
I'm a failure.
I'm not lovable.
And so many more...

I have always known that I am a daughter of God,
but sometimes I'm not feeling the truth of those words in my heart.
Because I don't feel the truth of it in my heart,
I often fall in to my old patterns of believing 
my limiting beliefs (Satan's lies)
and not doing the things that I could be doing to help others
and to grow spiritually myself.
Satan tries to turn our hearts from truth
 "that [we] become blinded and understand not 
the things which are prepared for [us]."
He especially desires to turn us from the eternal truth
that we are God's children. 
When I don't feel this truth in my heart,
I fall into darkness, depression, and loneliness.

The best weapon to fight Satan in his attack
is to learn more about the truth of
being children of God
and to take it into our hearts.
As I've thought about this I realized
that we don't need to "be a light".
We already are light!
We are God's children and 
"That which is of God is light..."(D&C 50:24-25)
When we know the truth of who we are as 
His children,
we can chase away the darkness
as we shine in our own 
soulful brilliance.
The key is to wash away all those dark limiting beliefs
and remember what the truth is about you.
The one truth we all have in common
is that we are children of God,
but there is much more to each of us individually.
What's the truth about you?
What divine attributes do you share with our Father?
What gifts and talents do you possess?
What empowering beliefs can you find
to help you remember your soulful brilliance?

I know that as we learn more about the 
truth of ourselves and rediscover our soulful brilliance
that we will be able to stand tall in the face of our storms and 
to accomplish all that we have covenanted 
with our Heavenly Father we would do.

I am choosing over the next 90 days to 
work on remembering the truth about myself
and to live in my soulful brilliance.
I will be sharing my insights here each week.
If you'd like a more day to day accounting of my journey
feel free to hop over to my personal blog

Luvz,
Meg:0)

No comments: