Sunday, October 7, 2012

Always Believe

Believe!
It's a wonderful word.
Believe means "to be love."
So when we believe in ourselves,
we love ourselves!
 
Shifting our limiting beliefs about ourselves,
is the next step in our journey.
Over the last week or two, we have become more aware of our limiting beliefs.
Now let's talk about how we can shift them to be EMPOWERING beliefs.
Are you ready with your journal?
 
Look back at your list of beliefs and choose one.
Write it at the top of a page.
 
Now, whenever we believe a thought,
will be consequences, costs or pain
in believing those thoughts.
So next on the page make a list of
all the consequences, costs or pain
that you have when you live with that belief.
 
For instance, a belief that I sometimes struggle with is
I can't be myself because I'm not perfect and others won't accept me.
The consequences, costs, and pain 
I wrote down on my paper are:
-I don't treat myself well and by doing this give others permission to not treat me well.
-I feel depressed, tired, sluggish, and old.
-I am disconnected from my Heavenly Father when I don't feel worthy and struggle doing the little things to keep His Spirit with me.
-I spend a lot of money on clothes that fit, self-help books (that don't really help), and candy and junk to eat when I feel all those negative feelings.
-Ultimately  I will fall into a downward spiral and never have the peace and happiness that my Heavenly Father wants to bless me with.
 
Now ask yourself if the belief is true and write down
evidence from your life that shows that it is not true.
(You did this last week when first writing down beliefs.)
So I wrote this, "I am a beautiful daughter of God.  My old body was the creation of my insecurities and untrue beliefs as I would eat to fill a negative feeling.  Heavenly Father doesn't make ugly things!  I am worth a lot to Him!  My Savior suffered and paid the price for my sins as well as my afflictions, heartches and pains.  I'm so important to Him, so I should value myself as He values me."
After writing all this down I made a commitment to change.
 
NOW is the time to change!!
 
First I got to accept that a part of me
doesn't accept myself and that I am the perfect me I can be.
Then I got to write down some new empowering beliefs:
-I am a beautiful, amazing woman capable of hard things and worth more than rubies.
-I am worthy and deserving!
-I love myself!
 
Write down your new empowering beliefs!
CHOOSE to stop living in fear,
and have faith!
 
REMEMBER Satan doesn't want you to accomplish
all the amazing wonderful things that you are capable of!
He is the one who is feeding you these limiting beliefs.
All Heavenly Father wants is for you to love and trust in His plan for you.
 
One of my favorite scriptures is found in 2 Timothy 1:7,
"For God hath not given use the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
 
If we are living in fear we aren't living in faith  As we learn of and embrace the power and love Heavenly Father placed within us, and as we recognized the we have an intelligent mind that can assist us in making wise decisions we truly begin living in faith.  when fear shows up in our lives we are able to say, "Father, I have faith that you will guide me in my life."  With a prayer in our hearts, we can recognize our fear for what it is: 1) Satan trying to get us off our path, or 2) Heavenly Father trying to guide us to our path.  We shift that fear into faith because we know and understand that we are powerful divine beings, full of love and possessed of a sound mind that is able to recieve revelation and knows that our lives are truly in the Lord's hands.  As we live righteously doing all things He would have us do, He will assist us in our path, helping us through trials, guiding us to others that need our specific gifts and talents to help them in their lives.
 
True faith includes faith in ourselves as children of a Loving, Merciful Heavenly Father!
 
He gives us unique talents and gifts so we can bless the lives of others, which will also bless us with peace, joy and freedom.  He gave us power, love and a sound mind to assist us in fulfilling the measure of our creation. We are divine beings full of Love and Truth.  If we truly believe this NOTHING can stop us from doing the Lord's work.
 
Remember to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF (love yourself)!
 
Luvz,
Meg :0)
 
Please share your thoughts and comments below or email them to me at meg@soulfulbrilliance.com.
Maybe your story will help someone else find the courage to live in their SOULFUL BRILLIANCE!

No comments: