Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Small and Simple Things

Today I was thinking about a friend and his family. I wrote a text and almost didn't send it because I didn't want to be a bother. Little did I know what was going to happen next. Within minutes of sending a short message, a text came back. He had just said a prayer asking for comfort and within minutes my text, that I thought to be just a passing thought, went through. Tears filled my eyes because I knew it was the warmth of our Heavenly Father showing both of us love through tender mercies. As I sat their for a moment, a song came to mind. The words were perfect so I thought I would share them.

Tender Mercies
Tender mercies of the Lord
Come in quiet ways,
Not by mere coincidence,
But by heaven’s grace.

As we choose to follow Him
With full heart and soul,
We become His chosen ones
And tender mercies flow.

Tender mercies of the Lord
Come in times of need.
Gifts of faith and confidence
Fill us as we plead.

Words of guidance, hope, and peace
Help us feel God’s love.
By our faith, His mercies come
Like manna from above.

Tender mercies of the Lord
Come as we repent.
Sweet forgiveness, peace of mind
Follow, heaven-sent.

Faithfulness, obedience
Help us to discern.
Blessings sweet and personal
For which our spirits yearn.

Tender mercies of the Lord
Comfort us and guide.
In His time and in His way,
We receive His light.

As we yield our will to His,
Blessings freely flow.
We partake of love divine
Thru mercies He bestows.

By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. All we need to do is stop and listen. What a beautiful day.

Kenzy

No comments: