Friday, November 1, 2013

Better Promises



A couple weeks ago, I was in my jeep with My-Handsome-Guy-With-the-Killer-Smile. I had Hilary Weeks' album "Say Love" on.  I'd listened to it before, but because I wasn't driving, I was able to really concentrate on the words of a song called "Better Promises." My heart filled with a deep love and gratitude towards my Heavenly Father as I listened to the words. In that moment, sitting next to my love with his hand in mine, I took a little trip down memory lane to the path that led me to my very own better promise.

From the time I was a small child, I have dreamed of being a wife and mother.  It just never worked out for me before. I would come close, but Heavenly Father kept telling me no when I really wanted Him to tell me yes.  At the time it was hard to keep having faith that things would work out for me. Feelings of loneliness and overwhelming sadness were my constant companions. 

One day I realized I had just given up.  I had taken that dream and pushed it to the back of my mind. I focused on my career and things that weren't really important.  I was trying to fill up the place in my heart that was empty. My heart was broken, and I had no idea how to fix it. I remember praying so hard to find a way to be truly happy again. That's when Heavenly Father placed me in the path that led me here to my better promise. That was the first step in my journey of discovering the greatness inside myself and living in my Soulful Brilliance!

It's been two and a half years since that first step, and I've had an amazing journey learning so much about life and being happy.  I was able to turn to my Heavenly Father in faith and love and allow Him to heal my heart. I am so grateful for the tools I have learned to help me be a happy person no matter what challenges come into my life.  I am so grateful for all those hard experiences that have helped me grow and learn and come to the path that led to My-Handsome-Guy-With-the-Killer-Smile!  Last week he asked me to marry him:0), reminding me once again that Heavenly Father really does have better promises for us! 

If I can give to you one gift today, it would be the knowlege that Heavenly Father loves you SO much!  He may not answer your prayers the way you would like him to answer them.  He may give you some difficult learning opportunities.  You may feel all alone and hurting. You may want to give up on your dreams and goals. Just remember and never forget that those experiences are a blessing in disguise.  It may take time to see them as blessings, but one day you'll be able to look back and be thankful for the lessons you learned that helped you get to your better promises!

Luvz,
Meg :0)

1 comment:

motoguy_00 said...

As I finished my first post and hit publish, it disappeared. So this is a rewrite, which will be no where as good as the first.

It is always awesome to hear the story of someone else traveling down the path of pain, fear, heartache, suffering, etc., only to emerge victorious and stronger, wiser because of it. History is filled with all kinds of fictitious stories about an individual or group on a perilous adventure that nearly fail, but succeed in the end. They are popular because we all go through our own adventures, our own refining process. We all suffer at one point or another. Sadly we do not all emerge victorious. So thank you for your soulful brillance, for setting it on a hill, and for being a beacon to a safe harbor. We need that hope. Hope is our one weapon, our one tool that will give us the advantage we need to succeed.