Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Gratitude Can Change Things


I'm late, but here goes. At the start of the month, I started thinking about gratitude and how it has helped me. Life is about the ups and downs, and we can't fully enjoy the good times without knowing the bad. I believe that Heavenly Father has blessed us with a wonderful tool to help us, and it is gratitude. I've witnessed this in my life recently. Since graduating college in May, this stage of life has been a struggle for me. I'm working a part-time job that I don't particularly enjoy. Seems like every better job I apply for, nothing comes from it. Along with other struggles that are helping me to grow. It has been hard to believe that there is a way to reach an up. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us though, and as long as we are open to his influence, He'll guide us even when it's hard to see.

I was reminded of this as we met together to talk about this month's theme of gratitude. I started looking at if I was finding things to be grateful for, or if I was just focusing on all the things going wrong according to my life plan. I had hoped that my life plan would be working out the way that I always saw it. I decided that I needed to focus more on gratitude in my life. I started focusing on all the skills I am developing because of my job, like operating a backhoe, maintaining vehicles, and other things that could help me to get a job I'd love when the time is right. When I find myself focusing on the downside of things, I try to list 5 things I'm grateful for and it helps me to get into a frame of mind that I am able to feel the boost to reach the upside of things.

This months challenge: Our challenge for you this month is to start a list. Start a list of all the little and big things you have to be grateful for in your life. Post your list somewhere where you can see it frequently and be reminded of all that Heavenly Father blesses you with! If you are feeling very adventurous, post a picture of what you are grateful for on Facebook or Instagram! Use the Hashtags: #soulfulbsisterhood #gratitude
#intensifyyourlight #sharegoodness

Challenge for the next 7 days: Whenever you find yourself down, or struggling, name off 5 things you are grateful for and share your experience with your soulfulbsisterhood.

Beth

No comments: