Monday, November 3, 2014

Don't Quit

This past month had some pretty down to earth situations that we all come in contact with at some point in time and I wanted to share some thoughts on the matter. 

So many times in my life I have been in situations where things are going great and I couldn't ask for more. Then someone comes along and puts me in a position that makes me feel inadequate or incapable of performing to the level I know I can. It's happened in sports, schooling, relationships, and many more areas of my life. Each time I listen to what they say and it eventually takes hold of my beliefs and makes me feel less than I am. But that stops now and not just for me but for all of us.

 There is always going to be that one person in your life that will make/has made you feel miserable in the past, present, and/or future. They are going to try and snuff your light out because they don't want you to shine. Don't let them! You are amazing and your light needs to be seen and felt. You have so much to offer this world just by being you. You don't have to be a supermodel, a stay at home mom, a businesswoman, the craftiest girl on the block, or whatever is the "popular thing". You be the woman that God created you to be and use what he gave you to shine brighter than the sun. Don't know what your talents, special qualities, or amazing gifts are? All you need to do is pray to your loving Heavenly Father and he will help you not only recognize your talents but provide opportunities to use them. 

There will always be people that will try to put out your light but nothing rings truer than what Elder Holland said in a previous conference talk. "Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead" (October 1999). 

My challenge is to come out of the darkness. Come out from behind those false statements and thoughts that people have said to you or about you. Let yourself shine and don’t be afraid of what they will say. You have the Lord on your side and that is more than enough to rise above any adversity.  I know that you are amazing and will do great things.  And if you fall... "Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead." -Elder Holland.

No comments: