Monday, September 1, 2014

Welcome to the Soulful B Sisterhood!


Made with Rhonna Designs App

Dear sweet friends!  I'm so excited for the chance to introduce you to something new!
This summer has been an eye opener for me.
I've learned some things.
I've been reminded of some things.
I've had the opportunity to shift some things.
One of my big shifts is on this blog.

All of us in life get overwhelmed 
and at times we face challenges that seem insurmountable.
Of all the tools we can use to help us get through
what seems impossible, the most important is to
build a support team!

All we have to do is look through the scriptures,
look at the church,
look at all things around us,
and we will see that Heavenly Father
created all living things to support each other.

In Alma 8, we read about how
Alma goes to the city of Ammonihah
to preach to the people.
He is rejected and leaves.
An angel comes to him and 
tells him to to return to the city
and tell the people that if they 
don't repent the Lord will destroy them.
Alma returns to the city and 
meets a man named Amulek,
who feeds him and gives him a place to stay.
Amulek then supported Alma by going
with him to preach to the people.
He was Alma's support team!

In the church we have different organizations
that support each other.
Relief Society
Priesthood
Primary
Young Men
Young Women
Sunday School
They all work together!

Inside those organizations we have more support!
Visiting Teachers
Home Teachers
Presidencies
Bishoprics
Teachers
Librarians
Music Leaders
Music Players
All working together!

One of the best support teams 
Heavenly Father gave us when he sent us to earth 
is our Family!
I can't even begin to tell you all
the ways my dear sweet family 
has supported me throughout my life
and especially in the last three years
as I've come to discover and live
in my Soulful Brilliance.
Especially five special women.
Each of them has been a light for me.
Each of them has helped me remember
my greatness and light
when I couldn't see it.

They are just ordinary women like you and me.
They are my heroes.
I watch them doing quiet acts of service for others.
They change people's lives.
All without recognition.
They are amazing!
Each of us comes from a different stage in life.
Some of us are single.
Some of us are newlyweds.
Some of us are married with young children.
Some of us have been married for 32 years
with grown children and sweet grandchildren.
While we come from different stages,
Each of us has a firm testimony
born through great challenges and 
learning experiences.
We are each amazing examples of love
 and trusting in the Lord.
I'm so excited to tell you that 
they will all be joining us here on Soulful Brilliance!

We are starting what we've decided to call the 
Soulful B Sisterhood.
I don't want to tell you too much about them
so they can introduce themselves,
but here they are!

Brittnee has already been a part of the sbteam
from the beginning.  She and I dreamed
Soulful Brilliance up together!
She has been an amazing coach and mentor
for me throughout my life.
She taught me how to ride a bike.
She taught me about vision.
And she has been an amazing
example to me of always believing in yourself.

Beth also has been a part of the team for awhile.
She is the most amazing sister ever!
I have always loved her peacemaker personality.
She is an amazing example of overcoming
challenges and believing in your dreams!

Kenzy has been a member of the team 
for a short time. 
She is an amazing example of patience and perseverance.
She and I ran a marathon together
a little over three years ago.
I was tired and starting to slow down
and Kenzy just kept plugging on down the road.
She lives her life doing that same thing each day.

Alyssa is my amazing sister-in-law
and new to SB! I'm very excited
to have her with us.
She is an amazing example 
of charity and supporting others!

Nancy, whom I fondly call Mom,
is also new. I can't even think
of words that can full describe 
her greatness and brilliance.
Other than the Lord,
her testimony and support
have been the most important factor
in my success in life.
She is amazing!

Each month we will be discussing ways
to discover and live in 
our soulful brilliance.
We will also have a challenge
to work on together throughout the month!

Each week two sisters will post their thoughts
along with a small challenge to help you during the week.
Please comment on posts and share your stories!
You never know who you might be able
to support by sharing!
Also, use the hashtag #soulfulbsisterhood
on Facebook and Instagram to share!

September is the month you will
introduced to our sisterhood
and be given a short message
and challenge from the sisters.

This month I would just encourage you
to think about who has supported you
in your life.
Heavenly Father and the Savior
are our greatest supporters!
They love us so much,
they sent us to earth together
to help and lift each other.
One of my favorite quotes is 
from Lucy Mack Smith,
"We must cherish one another,
watch over one another,
comfort one another
and gain instruction,
that we may all sit down in heaven together."
The Relief Society organization in
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
has been an amazing support in my life.
I've had the opportunity to be taught by and to teach 
some amazing daughters of God.
It is an amazing place where 
we can come together
and support each other.

September Challenge

My challenge to you in this month of 
September is to 
look around you and 
choose some women in your
life who are or can be
a part of your support team.
Two of the best places to look are
in your FAMILY
and in your ward RELIEF SOCIETY!
Invite them to join your team
and to read Soulful Brilliance
and join us in the 
Soulful B Sisterhood!
When you have done this,
Post a picture of you with your team
on Instagram or Twitter 
using the hashtag #soulfulbsisterhood!

We really all need each other to 
make it through our lives and 
to reach our goals!
So let's work together!
Let's support each other!

We look forward to seeing your posts
and reading your comments!

Luvz,
Meg :0)

If you would like to email our team
our address is soulfulbrilliance@gmail.com.


1 comment:

Brittnee said...

meg, I feel the phoenix truly rising. Excellent post thank you for having such an amazing spirit. I heart you so much!!!
Namaste,
Britt