Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Getting Reacquainted

Hello Soulful B Sisterhood!

It's been a long time since I've been an active part of this beautiful blog, but I'm ready to try and start fresh. We've seen some really amazing posts with the new design, and I can hardly wait to share my thoughts with you on my powerhouse support team. I hope that your support teams are coming together to bring out the brilliance in each of you.

Since I last wrote, my life has changed quite a lot. I am turning 25 in just a few short months. I have graduated from SUU with a BIS in Agriculture. I've moved back to Northern Utah, and am trying to figure out the next step in my wonderful journey. I am a horse fanatic, and still enjoy all the time that I can get with these truly amazing creatures. Some of my most profound life lessons have come from working with them. I also enjoy the outdoors, whether it be hiking, fishing, or whatever. I am also very athletic, and especially love volleyball. I also enjoy coaching now that my playing time is limited. I have also have a new found love for genealogy work, and do what I can when I can.

Now to give my thoughts on my fellow sisters :)

Megan: A great older sister. She's a great example of patience and love. It's not easy letting your little sister be a tag along for several years. When I had no friends to spend my time with though, I knew I could count her as a true friend. 

Brittnee: I have always looked up to Britt. She is a great example of how to push through hard times, and strive to do your best. Her example of strength helped me find my own.

Kenzy: We share a passion for horses, and it was her that introduced me to working with them. She is amazing at seeing the little details that are important and lead to greater understanding of things.

Alyssa: My awesome sister-in-law is just as awesome as super woman, even though she is too humble to admit to it ;) It has been a true blessing to feel of her testimony and see how to brighten it through sharing. She is also a great example to me of how to be a great mom.

Nancy (a.k.a. mom): Thanks to her constant love, support, and hardwork, I have grown up with a knowledge that I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. Her testimony has also helped strengthen me and been a light in the dark times in my life. She is a great example of living what you believe and sharing the light you have.

I have only included a few short things about these amazing sisters, as you will get to find out more of their amazingness for yourselves as we continue on this journey together.

Challenge:

My challenge to you this week, is that you find a picture of a brilliant light (sun, a star, a lightbulb, etc) and set it as the wallpaper for your cellphone, computer, or whatever device you use on a daily basis (and post it to instagram #soulfulbsisterhood) for one week. Picture yourself and those of your support team in this light as individuals, then all together. Record in a journal or somewhere your thoughts and feelings, and then comment on the blog and facebook about what impressions you felt.

Until next time,

Beth

No comments: