Wednesday, February 24, 2016

2016 Goal Setting: Part 3

Graphic_ThisIsTheYear

How has your goal setting going? Hqw are you working on you're goals? I've had my goals written since the first of the year, but I've been changing them and tweeking them as I go along and see what is really going to work in my life and what I purposefully want to make happen. Here's the next steps I do:

Step 7
Read over all of your progress so far!

I love looking over what I've done so far.  I feel like it's so important to go over again and again just to remind yourself of things you are feeling are important.  I rewrite things, add things, and do it all over again. Getting messy is the key!  That is really hard for me.  I want things to go well and to look good, but goal setting for me now is messy. If I wait for it to be perfect, it will never happen. If I do it and don't change anything, I don't get much done on the important things.  I don't live on purpose.  Living on purpose is about living messy.  
It's about changing and redoing things.
It's about being flexible.

Step 8
Write your list of what you are saying YES to in 2016 and what you are saying NO to.

What am I saying "Yes" to in 2016?
-Intentional Prayer
-Immersing myself in the scriptures and words of the prophets
-Quality time with My Handsome Guy and L
-Serving others
-Building relationships
-writing
-VULNERABILITY
-Surrendering to God
-Cultivating what matters
-Waiting with patience
-TRUST
-Asking God First
-Studying scripture
-genuine friendships
-HOPE
-FAITH
-CHARITY
-Asking for priesthood blessings
-thinking of others
-getting small and humble
-enough
-writing the word

What am I saying "No" to in 2016?
-Excess Social Media
-Excessive TV watching
-worrying
-material things
-anxiety/selfishness
-fear of not being "good enough"
-pride
-always having to be in control
-thinking of me first
-wasting time trying/searching for peace or value in anything besides the Lord
-doing things/thinking I should do thing like everyone else--COMPARISON


What are you saying yes and no to in 2016?

No comments: