Monday, October 6, 2014

They Did Have Light Continually....





Megan has graciously allowed me to add my introductory post this week (two weeks late). 

My name is Nancy and I have the honor of being the matriarch to this Soulful “B” Sisterhood. I am 52 years old and Megan and Elizabeth are my daughters. Alyssa is my daughter-in-law but I think of her more as my own daughter. Brittnee and Mikenzy are my nieces.  

A Book of Mormon prophet, who we refer to as the Brother of Jared, took some clear stones to the Lord in prayer. He said, “And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have light while we shall cross the sea.” (Ether 3:4). The Lord then touched the stones which then provided light to all the people especially during darkness and storm.

http://www.geekation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Geekation_CoreGlowInTheDarkStones.jpg
The prophet then wrote, “And thus they were driven forth; and no monster of the sea could break them, neither whale that could mar them; and they did have light continually, whether it was above the water or under the water.

These beautiful women that I share this sisterhood with have been such lights to me. I have had some growth opportunities over the years that could have broken me and although I know that mothers are supposed to light the way for children during such storms, it was these brilliant rays of light that created a path for me to safely follow.

Megan – A beacon of light – I have often referred to her as being “born old.” She came instilled with wisdom and light from her infancy. She is immensely loving and nonjudgmental. Her light is so beautiful and bright that it draws you to her just so you can feel its warmth on your face. I particularly love to watch the faces of children light up when she addresses them. She has a smile that lights every dark corner and reminds you that God is there! She is “a beacon upon the top of the mountain, and as an ensign on a hill.”

Brittnee – A light in dark places – I have always loved Brittnee as if she were my own daughter. She found a way to always be strong during difficult circumstances. Family is always first with her. She leads with love and over the past few years, as she has found her center, her leadership has strengthens us all and led us out of dark corners. She has this infectious smile that makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world when you’re around her. She is forgiving and generous and always looks for the good in people.  “Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun:”

Alyssa – A light of charity – There are just not words to express my feelings for this angel of light. I wonder how I could be so blessed as to have our circles intersect. She is my light of service. She is always giving all she has and when she gives it is nothing but her best. I have never met anyone more able to maximize every minute of her life for goodness and light. More than once my dimming flame was reignited with the blaze of her light. I am so blessed. “But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with her.”

MIkenzy – A light full of smiles – She is a bright light, continually burning, looking for small ways to make a big difference. She simply loves everything and everyone “that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.” She is patient and kind and I have seen that patience bear miraculous fruit and tasted of its sweetness. I am so blessed to feel the warmth of her smile. 
 
Elizabeth (more commonly y known as Beth) – A light of meekness – “But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.” Do you ever watch animals and children and how they are drawn to certain people? Elizabeth is one with that gift. All you really know is that you need to stand in her light. She doesn’t flaunt it. She doesn’t advertise. She just is!  She looks inward to find her center and then stands firmly rooted in truth creating this beautiful life you can look to for strength in the storms.

As you can see, I am so blessed to share light with these amazing women in my life! I challenge you to look at those closest to you and define one aspect of each one’s light and how it has enhanced your own. My life has been greatly blessed through rubbing shoulders with such brilliance and I am so much more than I was because of it. 

Picture by CORE Glow Driveways

No comments: