Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Becoming More


 
Looking back over the last year I am so amazed at how my HeavenlyFather has led and guided me to where I needed to be.  One of my goals last year was to work hard to really study my scriptures and learn more about the Gospel.  I made that commitment to become a better disciple of Christ through something little, and I definitely saw the spiritual doors swing open to a new freedom to feel and know and become.  To learn what my Heavenly Father needed me to learn. I know that as I worked on that goal I was blessed greatly for it.  There were definitely days, weeks, and yes even months where I struggled, but overall I definitely progressed in my gospel study.  As one of my favorite writers says, "Progress not perfection is the goal."
 
As I was working on writing my new goals, I contemplated those blessings I recieved and the progress I had made spiritually.  I knew that I wanted to become even more than I had before.  I wanted to dig deeper, to learn more of my Savior, and to truly devote myself to building up the kingdom of God.  So I wrote some new goals.  Even bigger goals than just studying the Gospel.  To reach these goals, I have a lot of little things that I am desiring to accomplish.  One of them is to read a book I found by Emily Freeman called Becoming His
 
In this book is 12 chapters, one for each month. I've already started the first chapter called "Becoming More", and I have been contemplating so many new things and recalling times when the Lord has blessed me and answered my prayers.  I would like to just share with you once or twice a month my thoughts and feelings about what I am doing.  If you have a chance, go pick up the book and join me on this journey. It's going to be awesome! I am truly committed to becoming more than I already have become and working towards an even better relationship with the Lord! I'll start sharing more in a few days. I hope you have some awesome goals to accomplish this year!  If you haven't started on them yet, get ready because I'm going to be writing about the process I use to write goals and sharing some of my goals with you!  Check back on Friday night for the first post!
 
Luvz,
Meg :0)

No comments: